A Conversation With Vinny Lingham of Civic – Podcast Exclusive – Coin Mastery
I was fortunate enough to chat with Vinny Lingham of Civic, one of the leading cryptocurrencies in the identity space. If you don’t know who Vinny is, here’s a quick bio:
Entrepreneur. Dragon. Angel. Shark. Vinny Lingham is a 4-time successful startup founder & CEO. His latest venture, Civic just sold $33 million tokens during its June 2017 token sale event. He was previously the founder and CEO of Gyft & Yola, Inc. that sold to First Data Corporation in 2014.
Vinny has appeared as one of the investors, or “dragons”, on South Africa’s Dragons’ Den reality TV series, he is also one of the “sharks” on the follow-up to Dragons’ Den, Shark Tank South Africa.
In our conversation, Vinny and I discuss:
- 3:30 – Growing up in South Africa
- 9:30 – Explaining emerging tech to newbies
- 16:50 – Vinny’s last big company, Gyft
- 25:42 – Introduction to Civic business model
- 33:00 – The Civic monetization strategy
- 38:30 – Who would be the best client to get?
- 44:00 – The Civic ICO and what worked, didn’t work
Here are some of the resources mentioned: